The federal government has reached an agreement with the owner of the land where the airport will be built, says AMLO.
Tulum is currently a popular destination for the rich and famous, however, those who wish to visit must drive from Cancun International Airport to Tulum. In high season, this drive can take 3 hours due to gridlock traffic.
President Andrés Manuel López Obrador confirmed during a press conference on Wednesday that construction for an airport in Tulum will begin when the new airport in Mexico City is complete.
The Mexican President has announced the purchase of the land and that construction would be handled by engineers from the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA).
Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador confirmed that the Tulum Airport project will begin after the construction of the new airport in Mexico City is completed. The new Tulum airport is expected to open by March 2022.
The construction of a new airport in Tulum will cover 1,200 hectares and have a 3,500-meter runway.
Tulum Mayor Dzul was pleased to hear that the Tulum Airport will be built. This comes as a welcome announcement since the airport project and the Mayan train will reactivate the economy of Tulum.
This is good news for Real estate buyers in Tulum who will benefit from the new connectivity. Tulum homeowners can expect a steep rise in the appreciation of their homes.
If you are thinking about buying a home in Tulum then contact us today to start looking for your next home in Tulum. Click here to contact us now.
Are you looking for listings in Tulum? Then click the links below:
Articles related to Tulum real estate market:
- NEW Data Reveals Tulum Vacation Rental Market Grew by 66.2% (2019-21)
- What Mexico Property Appreciates the Most? Click here to find out.
- How Tulum Green School Creates Massive Opportunity in Tulum Real Estate Market
- Is Buying Property in Mexico Safe? Click here.
- Why Is Forbes Saying Tulum Is The Best City to Live in Mexico? Click here.
- Follow these 5 Steps to Buy Property in Tulum Mexico.
- 3 Big Reasons to Invest in a Tulum Vacation Rental in 2021